The IV International Congress on Excellence will be presented by
Mr. Manuel Campo Vidal, a renowned journalist and president of the Spanish Academy of Television. The Congress will be held in Spanish and English with simultaneous translation.
Reception of participants and delivery of documentation
Presentation of the IV International Excellence Convention
• Ilma. Sra. Dña. Alejandra Polacci. General Manager of Madrid Excelente.
|09:55-11:00 am.||Official Inauguration
International Guest Speakers:
• Honorable Mr. John Bruton. Former Prime Minister of Ireland. (English speaker)
• Honorable Mr. Alvaro Uribe. Former President of Colombia.
• Honorable Ms. Esperanza Aguirre Gil de Biedma. President of the Autonomous Community of Madrid.
|11:00-11:40 am.||Keynote Address: "Adapt: Economic success through business failure" (English speaker)
• Mr. Tim Harford. Economist, British columnist, and host of the BBC program Trust me, I'm an economist.
|11:40-12:10 am.||Coffee break. Courtesy of Viena Capellanes
SUCCESS STORIES FOR STARTING A BUSINESS AND GROWING IN DIFFICULT TIMES:
20 minutes for listening to each story and its key points
Section “ENTREPRENEURS STARTING FROM SCRATCH”
• Mr. Javier Pérez Dolset, CEO of the Zed, and co-founder of Ilion (Planet 51), Pyro Studios, and U-tad (Technology and Digital Art University).
• IDEAS4ALL. Ms. Ana María LLopis,Founder and Managing Director, a company in Madrid that serves as a platform for the innovation and exposition of ideas in 180 countries.
Section “PROFESSIONALS WITH THEIR OWN BRAND”
• Mr. Luis Huete, professor at the IESE Business School, international management consultant and a renowned successful writer.
• Mr. Enrique Dans, professor at the IE Business School, and a leading expert on innovation and new technologies.
Section “BUSINESS INTERNATIONALIZATION”
• BLUSENS. Mr. José Ramón García González, CEO and Managing Director of Blusens Global Corporation, a Spanish company in the technology sector specialized in consumer electronics. Its philosophy is based on the motto: "Be different".
• PARKHELP. Mr. Ignasi Maluquer, Co-founder . of a Spanish small and medium-sized business specialized in urban mobility, present in 42 countries.
Cocktail. Courtesy of Arturo Cantoblanco, Restaurantes Centenarios in Madrid and ASEACAM .
Section “REINVENTING THE BUSINESS MODEL”:
• STARBUCKS. Ms. Beatriz Navarro Jiménez-Asenjo, General Manager of Marketing in Spain and Portugal at Starbucks, a North American company, present in 49 countries, that revolutionized the model of the traditional café and continues to increase its profit.
• IDODI.EDU. Mr. Marc Vidal, Founder. Spanish Business project focuses on offering solutions in management of innovation and technology projects.
Section “CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION: KEYS TO SUCCESS”
• McCANN WORLDGROUP. Ms. Mónica Deza, Vice-president of Innovation. Multinational company specialized in advertising, which has created a new business line by applying the neurosciences to the business world.
• HELLOKITTYMAGIC.COM. Mr. Giovanni Xueref, President and CEO. Entrepreneur who created a new company based on the brand Hello Kitty, using magic as the inspiration and source of the business.
|5:40-6:30 pm.||Round table: BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES.
Moderator: Mr. Manuel Campo Vidal
• Mr. Alejandro Zunzunegui. Managing Partner of Montes & Asociados. Business Angel
• Ms. Paloma Cabello. President of Sujet Mutin Partners Corporate Finances and Sponsor of MIT Enterprise Forum
• Mr. Jordi Robert. International Financial Analyst and expert on the creation of networks, new companies and analysis of start-ups
Snack. Courtesy of Jamones Fabeiro and Cerveza La Cibeles.
|7:10-7:50 pm.||Keynote addressl "Reinventing yourself: your second opportunity"
• Mr. Mario Alonso Puig. Doctor specialized in the brain and human intelligence, and an expert on leadership, creativity, business innovation and managing change.
|7:50-8:20 pm.||Official Closing of the Congress
• Honorable Mr. Arturo Fernandez.
President of the CEIM and the Madrid Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and President of OPCE (Association of Employers and Businessmen in European Capital Cities).
• Honorable Mr. Percival Manglano.
Regional Minister of Economy and Treasury of the Autonomous Community of Madrid.
• Honorable Mr. José María Aznar.
Former President of Spain.